Before: As shot with my Sony A 200, underexposed by one f-stop.
- Adjust levels and color
- Adjust sharpness
- Apply Corel's "Early Color" photo effect
- Reduce saturation of parts of the background and foreground
- Fill bottom right corner using clone tool
- Apply Corel's "Albumen Photo Frame" effect
- Clean up a few distracting spots
It's not a lot of steps but it took a fairly long time because I try out several degrees of adjustment each step of the way.
I'm planning on creating some cards from some of my shots. This one is a candidate, no doubt. I'm very pleased with how it turned out, and will post it on my Flickr page in the Corel group as well.